Friday, June 14, 2013

TRUTH THURSDAYS: I am here (I'm here)


Three short and simple words, and yet, when put together could be the best thing you can ever say to anyone. In fact, there are times that it's the only thing they might need to hear & know. 

I don't know how many times I've said those words, even more so now that I'm a mom. I also don't know how many times I've used them when I didn't know what else to do but that. Be there. 

Maybe it's mommy instinct that my immediate response to every "Mommy!" call whether happy or in distress is "I'm here!" It has become the instant remedy to bad dreams, booboos from a bad fall, discomfort from a growing tooth, and even the most unexplainable random crying spells. It's what I mean when I smile & wave from the crowd as I watch my daughter win a prize from a game, perform in her dance recital, sing in the choir, make new friends in the playground or whatever else she's doing that makes me beam with pride. Or when I hold them when they're sick & I can't make the pain go away. It's what I'm trying to say when I call from wherever my work takes me, that no matter where I am - I'm still here for them. And when they grow up, I hope that every photo that I snapped, and every picture I have with them will be evidence of that. 

You see, it matters. I may not be able to give them everything that they want in this world, but I can give them what the need the most. It's a promise, just like the one I made to their dad 5 and a half years ago - that I'm not going anywhere. It's a choice to be present in their lives, when they want me & don't want me (gulp). 

So my dear, beautiful Sky and River. I'm here. Mommy's here. And always will be. 




Posted for Truth Thursdays. To know more about it or join in, go to: http://truththursdays.wordpress.com/

4 comments: